Are you considering getting a smile makeover? Well, you have made a prudent decision! Thanks to enhanced dental technologies, there are a myriad of new methods that can boost your smile. Therefore, there is no reason for you to keep postponing this critical procedure. Remember, your smile is an integral part of your personal image, and it has a direct impact on your professional and interpersonal relationships.
Today, cosmetic dentistry is readily available, and most cosmetic dental procedures bring out positive results instantly. You should not, therefore, live with damaged, decaying, or discolored teeth. You need to find a cosmetic dentist who will help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Once you do, you need to prepare adequately for this procedure. How do you do this? Read on to find out!
Schedule Your Consultation
A sit-down consultation with your cosmetic dentist is an essential step you should not overlook. It helps you identify whether you are eligible for a particular treatment or not. Additionally, it helps you find out if a dentist can meet your custom needs. If satisfied, you can move on to the next step.
Get a Thorough Dental Examination
In case you have time, a general dental examination can take place during the initial consultation. But if you like, you can schedule a lengthier follow-up visit. During this time, your dentist will examine the overall health of your teeth and gums. He might carry out a series of X-rays, impressions, and other procedures to identify things that need to be addressed to brighten your smile.
As the examination goes on, do not forget to:
- Communicate with your dentist about your short-term and long-term goals
- Let the dentist know the specific teeth bothering you
- Give the dentist your budget plan
Explore Your Options
When it comes to enhancing your smile, there are a plethora of options available. Some of them include:
- Composite bonding: This procedure eliminates signs of misshaped teeth or minor chips using a non-invasive tooth colored bonding.
- Custom dental veneers: A dentist can use custom dental veneers such as porcelain veneers to give you a whiter smile in no time.
- White fillings: This is a procedure used to treat visible tooth decay using fillings that blend with your teeth.
- Teeth whitening: In teeth whitening, dentists use various shades to restore a youthful and glowing look in your teeth.
- Dental implants or bridges: In case you need to replace missing teeth and restore your beautiful smile, this is the ideal option for you.
Your dentist will explain the options available in the clinic, and help you decide the best based on your needs and budget.
Go Over the Treatment Plan
Now that you know the treatment options feasible for your dream smile, it is time to go over the treatment plan. Review the cost of each and ensure the one you choose complements your budget plan. Also, rank the different options available based on how long each one takes, and the number of appointments needed to accomplish your long-term and short-term goals.
Finally, Start the Treatment!
Your treatment plant has information regarding the number of appointments to expect, the average costs, and the amount of time it will take to see results. With all this information, you can now schedule the treatment!
With an opportunity to achieve the smile you have been yearning for at your hands, make sure you work with the best cosmetic dentist such as Dr. Alex Rubinov. With him, you will receive quality services that will enhance your looks and boost your self-confidence in the long-term. Call us now on (718) 253-0800 to schedule an appointment!