A smile is the center of one’s facial expression. It is also usually the first thing people notice when they meet you. A smile makeover can help improve the appearance of your smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures. It is about time that you give yourself the gift of an amazing smile. Let’s get started:
What Dental Issues Can Smile Makeover Procedures Correct?
Every patient is unique, and that’s why no two mouths are the same. You should note that there is no single definitive treatment in a smile makeover procedure. A number of treatments may be required to achieve desired results. Without further ado, smile makeovers can correct dental issues such as:
- Gapped teeth: Also known as diastema, gapped teeth means that there’s a space or gap between two teeth. Gaps often appear between the two upper front teeth.
- Worn teeth: Worn teeth refer to loss of teeth substance by various means other than dental trauma and dental caries. This is a very common condition.
- Metal fillings: Metal fillings or amalgam is a combination of metals that is used as filling materials in dentistry. Without proper maintenance, they may become unsightly.
- Gummy smile: When an individual smiles, his or her upper teeth may be overshadowed by excessive gum tissue. If this is true, they may have excessive gingival display, or simply put, a gummy smile.
- Stained teeth: Stained teeth can be unsightly. Common causes include drinking coffee, soda, wine, and more.
- Crooked teeth: Crooked teeth can interfere with proper chewing. This condition also makes keeping one’s teeth clean challenging. It can lead to gingivitis, cavities, and tooth decay.
What Does a Smile Makeover Procedure Involve?
As mentioned, there are several ways to get the attractive smile you have always wanted. At DrAlex.nyc, we can help you achieve a confident and gleaming smile via:
- Laser gum treatments: In some cases, highly inflamed edematous tissue may need to be removed. That’s why Dr. Alex Rubinov integrates laser technology, i.e. the Picasso Plus Dental Laser, into our dental practice. It provides us with extra power, control, and flexibility to facilitate an array of dental procedures.
- Porcelain veneers: Also known as dental veneers, this type of veneer is a painless cosmetic dentistry procedure. It can address a great array of dental concerns. You can rest assured that these veneers are manufactured from durable ceramic materials. By bonding the veneers to the front of each tooth, you will get a beautiful and natural-looking smile.
- Teeth whitening: A brighter and whiter set of teeth can be achieved through a teeth whitening cosmetic dentistry procedure. It is a popular and effective way to develop your ideal smile.
- Invisalign: Invisalign aligners are often constructed from a thermoplastic material that looks much like teeth-whitening trays. They are today’s preferred choice because they are virtually invisible. Invisalign is a fully customized solution as it needs to move your teeth in the best sequence possible.
What Usually Happens After My Procedure?
After the procedure, you may enjoy greater bite functionality and feel an improvement in your overall oral health. However, one of the most gratifying experiences is the notable difference in self-confidence. As you can see, smile makeover procedures help you smile more openly, laugh more freely, and greet others more warmly.
If you are tired of hiding your smile and want to feel more confident in your professional and social interactions. Dr. Alex Rubinov can help. Contact us today by completing our online form or calling (718) 253-0800 to schedule an initial appointment with us.