In addition to misaligned teeth functioning inefficiently, oral health complications can also be caused. Using Invisalign for crowding teeth has, however, prompted good results. Now, you can have your teeth realigned without the use of cumbersome, often painful metal braces.
Crowding teeth, or crowded teeth, occur when teeth are misaligned. Symptoms can include the following:
- Breathing difficulties
- A lisp or other noticeable speech problem
- Discomfort while chewing or biting
- Jaw pain
- Biting the inner cheeks or the tongue
- A facial appearance that looks altered
- Poor lower teeth and upper teeth alignment
This condition can range from severe to mild.
Using Invisalign for Teeth Crowding
To straighten/correct crowded teeth, one treatment method being used successfully is that of Invisalign. If any of the following apply to you, you might be a good candidate for this treatment:
- Throughout the day, you can keep the braces clear.
- You want a treatment option that is less conspicuous and more subtle.
- Dental issues experienced by you include crowded and gapped teeth, crossbite, and/or overbite.
The following benefits can be enjoyed by using Invisalign for teeth crowding:
- Removable aligners
- Better dental hygiene
- Personalized and precise treatment
- Improved physical appearance
If you’re wondering how long the process for crowded teeth takes when using Invisalign, here’s a rough guideline:
- First, the dentist must make impressions of your teeth. From beginning to finished impressions, it can take about two weeks.
- You will wear your first set of Invisalign for approximately one week, following the creation of them from the impression that was made.
- Following the wearing of the first set for a week, you will continue treatment with new sets for up to approximately 18 months.
Why Should Crowded Teeth Be Fixed?
You may be wondering, “Is it that big of a deal to have crowded teeth?” While only you can answer how important the inconvenience and unsightliness of crowded teeth is to you personally, there are reasons a dentist will give as to why crowded teeth should be remedied. Here are some of them:
- Crowded teeth increase the risk of tooth decay, cavities, and gingivitis.
- Teeth crowding makes teeth cleaning far more difficult.
- The risk of a broken tooth is heightened when you have crowded teeth.
- Teeth crowding puts mouth muscles, teeth, and jaws under excessive strain.
- Crowded teeth can make you feel self-conscious about the way you look and may lower your self-esteem.
- Teeth crowding makes it difficult to chew your food properly.
Are You Ready to Give Invisalign a Try? Talk to Dr. Alex Rubinov
New York City’s top cosmetic dentist – Dr. Alex – can help you makeover your smile with teeth whitening, dental implants, Invisalign, porcelain veneers, and more. I’m Dr. Alex, and I can also be of assistance where general dentistry is concerned. Is Invisalign right for you? Make an appointment to visit my office to find out.